Friday, April 07, 2006

More Stadiums = Good City

Just what Melbourne needs. Another football stadium.

Listen here Mr. Bracks. Take your $190,000,000.00, buy a thousand or two trundle beds, build a little shed somewhere in the ‘burbs, find some doctors and call it a bloody hospital.

Then, take what is left over and buy some school kids a decent education. That way, they will be able to do something better with their lives than sit on their bums watching rugby in a ‘bubble’.

This must be what was leftover from the Commonwealth games budget.

Updated: I should make very clear that I have no problem with rugby, soccer, or watching sport in general per se. I bang my chest at the footy with the best of them. My problem lies in the wild skewing of our priorities. Why, when we have people on the street who are mentally ill and can't get a bed, or who are lined up out the door and round the block six times waiting for surgery, are we building ANOTHER BLOODY FOOTBALL STADIUM?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dash Brannigan said...

See if we build another stadium no one will realise what's going on.

But I think 190,000,000 is probably small compared to how much they pissed away on Commonwealth Games infrastructure.

Bread and Circuses..

10:27 pm  
Blogger professional indemnity said...

Resources like the bromide you mentioned here will be absolutely advantageous to me! I last wishes as register a tie-up to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will locate that very much useful.

professional indemnity insurance

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home